Athletic Testing Service – Performance & Strength
At Galway Bay Physio, we want to make it easier for you to maximize your performance and reduce your chance of injury when playing your sport.
With this in mind – we are delighted to introduce our new service, Performance & Strength Testing, exclusive to our Athenry clinic, which consists of a series of tests we use to determine the capabilities of an athlete.
Using elite technology from Output Sports we will be able to provide you with accurate data allowing you to compare your athletic performance results against your peers and top athletes in your sport whether it is GAA, Rugby, Soccer or running.
This service is especially ideal for those returning from long term injury who wish to accurately assess whether their lower limb strength and function has returned to baseline level.
It can also be greatly beneficial in assessing the variance of strength and performance from one limb to the other in order to improve your muscular balance and hence, performance.
What are the benefits of Performance & Strength Testing?
- to give you, the athlete, accurate feedback on your overall strength & readiness to perform at the highest level
- highlights specific areas where your athletic performance can be improved.
- can help reduce injuries
- the results can determine which rehabilitation techniques will help make you fitter, stronger and more injury free.
What happens during a Performance & Strength Testing appointment?
Your appointment will take place in our Athenry Clinic in District Health & Fitness, where we have access to a gym and extra space needed to carry out the specific tests.
Here we will test the following: (Test time 60min):
- Physio assessment with a detailed history
- Hamstring, Quads and Calf strength and symmetry
- Hip abductor strength and symmetry
- Balance, control and movement symmetry
- Battery of jumping movements, helping to assess power
- Sprint speed & agility testing
How will this help me?
Having this information will allow our own therapists or your own coach, to curate a rehab programme for your specific needs.
Who’s carrying out the testing?
Our Athletic Therapist Alan Harrington, alongside Senior Physiotherapists Ciaran Coyle & Emmett Hartigan.
Where will testing take place?
Testing will take place at our clinic in Athenry, located in District Health & Fitness.
Who is it suitable for?
Performance & Strength Testing is suitable for all, but specifically aimed at athletes aged 13 years and older.
No more guess work, Get the data!!
Get in touch with us at Galway Bay Physio on 091 569 706 or visit us at www.galwaybayphysio.ie to book an appointment.